Building project management services for discerning Canberrans
Project by M offers a wide range of residential and commercial building project management services in Canberra. Our premium services make renovating and restoration easy! Whether you require end-to-end project management or one-off consultancy, Project by M will ensure that your building project receives the attention it deserves.
Major residential renovation
A major residential renovation is usually complex, expensive and disruptive. The addition of new rooms and/or additional storeys can take 6-18 months to complete – testing the patience of everyone involved. Professional project management alleviates many of the stresses involved in a major renovation by taking care of construction schedules, budget management, defects rectification and neighbour relations.
A large-scale residential refurbishment can be a logistical nightmare, as it typically involves multiple tradespeople and suppliers. Project by M can help you select and manage the right tradespeople / suppliers, as well as advise on materials, finishes, colours, fixtures and fittings. Don’t let a residential refurbishment interfere with your busy lifestyle – let Project by M handle the intricate details.
Construction of outlying residential buildings
Canberra is home to a number of suburbs with large block sizes, such as Forrest (average size: 1,842 SQM), Reid (average size: 1,161 SQM) and Weetangera (average size: 1,357 SQM). Large blocks are ideal for standalone structures, such as granny flats, guest rooms, garages, studios, home offices, gyms and indoor swimming pools. Project by M’s residential project management services in Canberra add value to any external building project.
Renovation and/or restoration of heritage listed properties
A feature of Canberra is its older suburbs near the City centre (Reid, Braddon, Ainslie, Campbell, Turner, O’Connor) and in the Inner South (Forrest, Griffith, Yarralumla, Red Hill, Deakin). A number of homes in these suburbs are heritage listed and require “assessment” by the Heritage Advisory Service prior to renovation or restoration. Project by M takes care of all the regulatory issues during a heritage renovation / restoration project.
Commercial / office fitouts and refurbishments
Organising a commercial / office fitout or refurbishment is particularly stressful if you’re trying to run a business at the same time. Project by M removes the burden from your busy life by acting as your trusted representative. As part of her service, Mariana can help you obtain a Development Application (if required) and find a reputable Canberra builder (with fitout experience).
Investment property makeovers
Investment property makeovers come in all shapes and sizes. Many investors – particularly those living outside Canberra – don’t have the time or local building knowledge or access to supervise a makeover properly. Project by M’s residential and commercial project management services in Canberra make life easier for investors and tenants alike.
The M Methodology – Project Management at its Finest
When it comes to residential and commercial building project management in Canberra, Mariana follows a proven methodology – one based on in-depth knowledge and extensive practical experience.
- Provide client with a rundown of the residential / commercial building project management services available from (Canberra based) Project by M.
- Meet with client to discuss vision, timeframe and budget
- Assist client to choose an architect, or liaise with chosen architect / design team.
- Manage communication process with government bodies, neighbours, building managers and tenants.
- Organise any engineering appraisals deemed mandatory or necessary.
- Conduct Request-for-Tender (RFT) process to select suitable tradespeople and suppliers (only quality providers with a proven track record will be invited to respond).
- Provide administration of the contract documents.
- Discuss design options with client – materials, finishes, colours, fixtures and fittings. In addition, provide supplier recommendations.
- Manage project budget and ensure that builder, tradespeople and suppliers meet their contractual obligations.
- Provide assistance with Development Application (DA) and heritage assessment (if required).
- Obtain Building Authority (BA) and prepare site for construction.
- Create and foster the builder-client relationship (Project by M acts as the conduit).
- Liaise with building certifier throughout the project.
- Manage any building variations with builder and architect / design team.
- Conduct final quality checks, manage defects rectification process and hand over finished project to client (including certificates and warranties for occupation).
- Project-manage construction activities (meet with builder weekly) and provide client with regular updates (milestone management).